Thursday, September 22, 2011
Groupthink
After reading "Groupthink" and analyzing the real examples they gave I finally realized quite how dangerous the concept is and how it has already caused debacles. The examples of the Vietnam War and the Cuban Missile Crisis show how groupthink led to poor decisions being made, and any opposition ignored. When the decisions being made are that important, all group members should think independently and not just go with the status quo. People should be aware of the groupthink symptoms and always be aware to not simply jump on board without asking any questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with what you are saying. I think that groupthink can be a dangerous thing especially when dealing with such big issues as the Vietnam War. I also think that people need to think more independently so situations such as this do not occur. it is not good when people are accepting ideas just so they do not create a problem with group cohesion.
ReplyDelete