Thursday, September 22, 2011

Multicultural Teams

Doing international business is something I hope to experience eventually, but learning to properly work with people from other countries and cultures sounds like a challenging task. Culture is an important part of our lives, so learning what is important to other people and learning the proper social protocols is very important. Offending someone or making them upset by using improper communication channels isn't a good way to build any kind of team cohesiveness and can delay working efficiently as a group. Experience is the best way to get past this issue, so I hope to deal with some other group of people enough in business to be able to learn and become involved in a completely new culture someday.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I think the only way to begin handling cultural relations is to approach it with an open mind and to gain experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with both of you. In today's world, offices buildings around the U.S. are becoming more multi-cultural. In that regard, working well with those of other backgrounds is virtually essential. If one cannot communicate well with others of different cultures, they will not be as much as an asset to the company, and therefore puts them self at risk of losing their job with he company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that it is important to learn about other cultures customs and norms. By knowing what other cultures do, it expands what your knowledge is of others. Too often society groups people together without knowing who they are.

    ReplyDelete