Thursday, December 8, 2011
Our Presentation
I definitely liked our presentation because it was involved with accounting scandals. As an accounting major, it was nice researching some extreme cases of fraud. I didn't know when we began that Rahm Emmanuel was involved in the Freddie Mac scandal, and it was interesting to learn that he played a part in it. I also enjoyed studying the Worldcom scandal, an to see what happens when a leader becomes demanding, and forces results by any means. I learned from our project what can go wrong when profits are the only thing that matters, and ethics are pushed out the window to get them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I found this presentation very interesting. I am also an accounting major and I enjoyed getting some insight on these scandals since I wasn't really aware of any of the details. It is surprising to see all of the facts that can lead to situations like this.
ReplyDeleteI also found your presentation very interesting. I am also an accounting major and really had no idea about either of these two incidents. It was nice to listen to this presentation and relate what was being discussed to what I have learned in my accounting classes.
ReplyDelete