Thursday, November 17, 2011
Monday's Activity
During Monday's activity I was assigned to be part of the National Manager's Benevolent League. We started out with a lump sum of Goat Bucks, but we couldn't actually use them as bonus. Instead, we had to spend them on slogans, and the cheaper we paid, the higher the commission we received. This is how we earned our bonus. Most of the project involved sitting around waiting for representatives from MRC to buy some slogans from. However, this didn't happen until there was only five minutes of class left, so we ended up being able to buy many slogans for little cost each. I feel the failure of time management by the members of MRC played into our hands, as the time ticked away people were willing to sell slogans cheap just to get something out of the deal. I don't know exactly what the point of the activity was, and I'm not sure I learned anything new. I am very much looking forward to Monday's class in order to learn what exactly the point of all of this was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As a member of your group I can say that there was a lot of wasted time. We could not to anything until other groups came to present their slogans to us. At the end of class the actual buying part became very overwhelming. We had papers everywhere and multiple people talking at once. I think if we had more time to discuss with the other people about prices our commission would have been higher.
ReplyDeleteAs a member of MCR, I also agree that most of the time was wasted, primarily by the top group within MCR. I also think that the waste of time benefited my group because we came straight to you guys and offered our slogans at a much cheaper price than the "top" group wanted. As a result, each member of my team got 2 Goat Bucks, which was perfectly fine with me, seeing as though some groups didn't get any.
ReplyDeleteI agree. The MRC didn't manage time well enough to be effective in negotiating terms for the slogan. Because of the lack of time, everything seemed rushed and everyone just wanted to sell their slogans. Had there been more time i think the exercise would have been more effective.
ReplyDelete