Thursday, October 6, 2011
Accelmedia Negotiation
This exercise was made much easier after reading "Secrets of Power Negotiating." The article gave numerous ways to augment a negotiation in order to reach a more promising result for yourself. For example, I used the technique of using an extreme number far away from you actual goal in order to "make concessions" all the while getting the actual number you wanted. By started at an extreme number, it helped to throw the other part out of their game, and gave me an upper hand in negotiating. Overall, the negotiation was a success, and I ended up signing my contract to pay less for the new parts than my company was paying for the parts we ran out of. By using the techniques from the article, I was able to sign a very beneficial contract for my company, and helped to actually cut overall costs through the process. I think the in class exercise was a great way to get some first hand negotiating experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment