Thursday, October 20, 2011

Decision-Making Quiz

The decision-making quiz we took in class on Monday brought into light the fact that I had used mental shortcuts called heuristics in order to come to some of my answers. While I started out the quiz without using any of these shortcuts, after four or five questions I came across answers that I had incorrectly chosen because I used heuristics to come to my answer. While these processes are usually just a mental tool to save time, I learned through this in class excersize that sometimes, during the decision making process, it is truly better to take your time and not try to use a shortcut to come to your final answer. While I did manage to avoid using heuristics for most of my answers, the ones which I did rely on heuristics must be focused on not to make the same mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment