Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Organizational Culture

After reading Body Ritual Among the Nacirema and discussing organizational culture in class, I enjoy being able to look at a social ritual or symbol and finding the deeper meanings it holds. Finding out that just by looking at "artifacts" one can work back and conclude the "shared values" and "shared beliefs" the artifact represents was a very interesting concept. This information allows one to better understand cultures, and the people within them. By simply examining a cultures artifacts, I like that I can now interpret what those cultures hold to be important, and how these artifacts shape the way the people live within their culture. These concepts also allow me to look at the artifacts surrounding me, and how I can conclude how our beliefs and values have led to most of these artifacts being present around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment